Education is the pillar to the development of a country, without it the progress of the nation is more likely to remain stagnant. Although the education system in UAE is relatively new they are rapidly progressing. In UAE education up to ninth grade is compulsory.
This takes place in a four-tier process over 14 years:
- 4 to 5 year-olds attend kindergarten
- 6 to 11 year-olds attend primary schools
- The preparatory stage caters for children aged between 12 and 14 and
- 15 to 17 year-olds attend secondary schools.
They have a wide range of universities and institutions offering higher education. The Commission for Academic Accreditation CAA has licensed various institutions all around UAE to provide education of international standards.
UAE higher education can be split into 3 parts:
- Public institutions where UAE citizens can get free education.
- Private institutions of wide range most of them internationally accredited.
- Global partnerships where UAE government has forged a bond with international universities and institutions offering excellent education and western experience for students who lack a chance of going abroad.
UAE government has a wing called the Centre of Excellence for Applied Research and Training (CERT) who deals with the training and education in applied technology.