US immigrant insurance required for US visaThe Trump administration has issued a proclamation that from November 2019, the US government will insist on proof of adequate US immigrant health insurance without which immigrant visas to enter the US will be denied. The US government believes that new immigrants who enter the US without proper US immigrant insurance add to the burden of US taxpayers for the cost of their healthcare.
Once this policy comes into effect, prospective new US immigrants would be asked for proof of immigrant health insurance coverage. The Visas can be denied if the consular office is not satisfied by the provided proof of health insurance in the US.
Our US affiliate offers immigrant insurance plans which work well for these prospective new US immigrants. On buying this immigrant insurance plan, customers will immediately receive the insurance policy document by email. Customers can use this immigrant insurance document as proof of US health insurance while applying for the Immigrant visa. Given this rule as well as the very high cost of healthcare in the US, it is strongly recommended to buy new US immigrant insurance for travel to the United States.
- New immigrants to the USA include Green Card holders (US Resident Aliens) who are sponsored by family members who are USA citizens, as well as possible new immigrants such as H1B, H4, L1, L2, H2 visa holders.
- US Immigrant Health Insurance plans are long term plans specially designed to meet the health care requirements of new immigrants mentioned above. New immigrants are not immediately eligible for US domestic plans, or for Medicare. These immigrant plans are effective as a bridge option.
- The plans cover the insured for medical expenses incurred from sudden sickness or injuries during the period of coverage, preventive care and pre existing conditions.
- This coverage is required as new immigrants in the USA are not eligible for Medicare for the first five years till they are eligible for US citizenship.
- The coverage is available for periods starting from a few days up to 5 years and they are renewable.
- Along with providing insurance plans we also provide you with answers to any immigrant health insurance questions that you may have on our frequent questions section, as well as through our insurance glossary.
- Most importantly, we provide a comparison tool using which you can compare different insurance plans based on the price and benefits to satisfy specific requirements.