- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium sized onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 4 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp. chilly powder
- a pinch of turmeric
- a pinch of salt
- lime juice to taste
- In a vessel fry a part of onions for about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and fry for 3 more minutes.
- Grind the fried mixture to a paste without adding water.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan. Add mustard seeds and after they splutter add remaining chopped onions.
- Fry for a minute and then add chopped garlic, a pinch of turmeric and frozen peas.
- When onions turn golden brown add the ground tomato paste. Add chilly powder, salt and lime to taste. Bring the mixture to boil.
Tomato peas curry should be served hot with rice, roti or chapatis.
We appreciate your feedback, please Contact NRIOL