- 2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 pouch Yeast
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 Can Chick peas - cleaned and washed ( garbanzo beans)
- 1 onion (white) (very finely chopped)
- 1 tomato (with or without seeds) (very finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic flakes medium size (finely chopped)
- 4 cloves
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp oil to cook
- 1/2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 lemon - juice
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Cilantro washed and cleaned (Finely chopped)
- Take yeast and soak in lukewarm water for 5-10 minutes
- Take all other ingredients and mix well. To this add the yeast and make asoft dough like for chapattis. If need be add a little water and keep aside for 4-5 hours, the longer kept, the better it is.
- Roll like poori but this needs to be kept thicker than poori. Fry like poori till both sides are golden brown.
- Start heating the pan on medium flame, and then add 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp ghee. Once heated very well, add cloves, cumin, fennel seeds, bay leaves.
- Add finely chopped onions, till translucent.
- Add ginger and garlic (finely chopped) wait for a min
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and mix very well.
- Add red chilli, turmeric, Garam masala.
- Add chick peas and cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 3 mins.
- Add 1 cup water and let it cook for about 10 mins. Keep stirring every 3-4 mins. To make sure the peas don't stick to the bottom.
- Add salt and 1 tsp sugar and again let it cook for a min, then turn off the flame...YOUR CHOLLE MASALA IS READY!!!
- Add cilantro and lemon juice to garnish it.
Chole bhature masala can be served with Roti, naan, rice...
We appreciate your feedback, please Contact NRIOL