- Bread - 1 loaf
- Onions - 4-5
- Green chillies - 10-12
- Rava (fine variety) - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Lemon - 1
- Oil - 6 table spoons
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Black gram dhal - 1 tsp
- Bengal gram dhal - 2 tsps
- Curry leaves - few
- Fried cashewnuts - 1 table spoons
- Cut coriander leaves - 1 table spoon
- Grated fresh coconut - 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Cut bread slices into very fine pieces.
- Chop onions into small pieces and green chillies length-wise.
- Heat oil in a broad frying pan.
- Add seasonings, chillies and then onions.
- Fry till onins become golden brown.
- Pour water with turmeric powder, lemon juice and salt.
- When it starts boiling add rava and mix for a minute or two.
- Put bread pieces to that and fry in medium flame till uppuma becomes very hot.
Garnish with coriander leaves and cashewnuts and serve hot.
We appreciate your feedback, please Contact NRIOL