Discover Some of the best wildlife sanctuaries & national parks in Haryana
Forest Cover in the state in 2013 was 3.59% and the Tree Cover in the state was 2.90%, giving a total forest and tree Cover of 6.49%. In 2016-17, 18,412 hectares were brought under tree cover by planting 14.1 million seedlings. Mulberry, eucalyptus, pine, kikar, shisham and babul are some of the trees found here. The species of fauna found in the state of Haryana include black buck, nilgai, panther, fox, mongoose, jackal and wild dog. More than 450 species of birds are found here.