1. Why did you leave India?
I Wanted to do masters in the States.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
I might, I will definitely live in Bangalore.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Lot of blondes.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
No eve teasing.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yeah, its scary to raise a family in the USA.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I think it would be great, but my parents would never approve if I ever did it.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Educate the uneducated polititians.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
The diverse culture, you cannot find it anywhere else.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
I wish india had a strict law like United States.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
I guess, but I am not into politics.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
I simply adore Lata Mangeshkar, she is one of a kind.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Indian cricket team sucks.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Still waiting on an achievment !
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Movies movies and movies
15. What is your happiest memory?
Yet to come.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My first flight from Bangalore to Mumbai,it was pretty exciting.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Palak paneer ummm yummy
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1. Scent of a woman
2. Pretty woman
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Not into books.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
When in America live like an American,coz an Indian can never live here.
Meet Jim Nischal.He currently living in Illinois, United States and works in the Information Technology industry
Published - July 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.