1. Why did you leave India?
For better work opportunities and to learn something new.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
I would love to settle down in South India.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Organized,well designed roads.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Too many rules,loneliness.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Retiring age for the politicians, Ban religious performances in public and Free and compulsary education till high school.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
1. Family values
2. A drive to struggle till the end.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Helped a lot.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Growth of IT industry.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Watch movies,play games.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Happiest - Yet to come.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My first trip to USA.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Thai food, Aaloo sabji/Poori, Fish/bread.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
2. Joan of Arc
3. Schindlers list
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. City of Joy by Dominic Lapier
2. Kane and Abel by Jeffery Archer
3. Short stories by Munshi Premchand
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Even outside India...our strength is UNITY. So stay united. Smile always when you see a fellow Indian.
Meet Chandraish Sinha.He currently lives in Columbus, Ohio and works in the IT industry.
Published - July 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.