1. Why did you leave India?
To achieve my goal.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Of course I do, and I am going to be settled in Dehradoon very soon.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
There isn't matter of community, religion and language, it just a matter of love, If I find a true lover, I will do it immediately.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
I will correct the wealth distribution problem and kick out all the corrupt leaders and officers.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Yes I do agree.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Well, the man who is dying at border called military jawan. I have the highest regards to them and to their families.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
I hate this game. It has hurt our nation and we specially feel bad when there is bad news about the cricket, this game should be removed from Indian games.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Well, if I make a joke, it is population, but its IT sector.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Planning for business.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Every time I live like I am happy, there is no such kind of memory in my life.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Trip to KSA.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Pure Indian wheat roti and salad.
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
I don't like movies.
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
I don't give an extra light to any book, I love and like all the books those are useful for us.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Live always happy all wherever you are and learn something better from the country you have been living and make a best effort to reform our country, and lot of love to NRIs who specially feeling loneliness.
Meet Krishnamurthy Subramanian. He currently lives in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and is employed in the financial services sector.
Published - April 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.