1. Why did you leave India?
For my medical post graduation and to see the west.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes. Madras, East or west, home is best.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Becoming a NRI, proximity other Eu countries which enabled me to travel.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Not at all.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
If it suits me,I don,t care about others, everyone is human at the end of the day.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Military rule for 2 decades and all politicians to Siberia,their Swiss and other accounts taken back to people.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Able to supply computer, medical & other brains to nations bereft of them.
Able to challenge US Pentagon Computers.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Common men who are satisfied in working hard for their living.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has made few millionaires.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Self reliance & Swadeshi.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
Being at home,school,college and friends.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Tour of Australia, land of natural beauty.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Sambar and Dosa.
What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Harrison Ford Movies.
Tom Hanks Movies.
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
God of small Children.
Yoga or better living.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
All the best. Get the best out of both East & West and we are the only gifted few to make this happen.
Meet Krishnamurthy Subramanian. He currently lives in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and is employed in the financial services sector.
Published - April 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.