1. Why did you leave India?
For international experience and money.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, sure, in Visakhapatnam.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Weather, missing family and friends.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes, I am quite concerned.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
It depends on the girl.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Poverty and politics.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Whoever brings pride to India.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It hasn't hurt.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Nuclear power, industrialisation!
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
Being with my family.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Going home from anywhere.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Bharatiyudu (Telugu), Roja, Terminator.
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
I'm not interested in reading books.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Settle in India before you die.
Meet Suresh Chilukuri.He currently lives in the London, United Kingdom and works in Information technology
Published - March 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.