1. Why did you leave India?
For higher qualification, to work and to earn (infact, I left to avoid problems).
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, probably to retire in Chennai.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Liked a lot of things but bored now.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I have done all of the above.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Declare emergency for 10 years.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
People with good thoughts and mind.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Very few of the above category in control of running the country.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Millions of common men,women and children living with no privileges.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1.Maintaining the democracy
2.Tripling the population
3.No signs of revolution!
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Writing and reading.
15. What is your happiest memory?
School and College years.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Journey to Kashmir.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Whatever my mum cooks is my favorite.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
God father - Mario puzo.
books of Rajneesh.
books of Khalil Gibran.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Have a nice time.
Meet Chandru.He currently lives in the United Kingdom and works in the medical profession.
Published - March 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.