9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Population.( 1 b +)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Dunno but the present system needs to be honed.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Entrepreneurs - Ambani,Mittal,Oberois..
Sport heroes -Tendulkar,Kapil,Gavaskar..
Movie stars,Miss worlds, some politicians ...
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Dunno - Are you saying that if it was not for cricket India would be better at other sports - I dont think so..India would be less visible...
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Successes in "Made in India" Technology
Improvements in foods, health and basic infrastructure
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Lazing,travel,do-it-yourself stuff, cruising,thinking up projects.
15. What is your happiest memory?
My parents were quite well off and hence I usually enjoyed myself most of the time. But I really enjoyed a trip from Bangalore to Goa with my college mates.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
A train trip from Bangalore to Goa with my collegemates.(we were a bit wild..)
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
I like foods from all over now. But I still have a spot for Biryani,Tandoor and curries..
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
The 007 Bond ones
I love Hindi movie songs and like the movie stars but they need better scripts.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
-Ency. of the Mind ( a British author)
-Kama Sutra - not just for the usual bits but I think it is a good description of his times and I think the author,Vatsyayana, could have written a good book on any other subject . And dont you think it remarkable that the book suvived these thousands of years .. AWESOME !!!
- I also like many HOW-TO books and Encys..
20.A message from you to other NRIs
India CAN be changed. We need to transplant and adapt the best from all over the world. Rapid advances can be made quickly if we all chip in. We have all the ingredients, now we want to make it the envy of the world.
Find out the history of Indian painting
Find the list of National Symbols of India
Find the list of Languages
Information about India
Statistical information of India
Tourism information and packages for your holiday
Indian parenting resources
Offers resourceful information for people new to America
In this channel you will find immigration information in the USA
Overseas travel insurance offered by Indian companies
International travel insurance offered by American companies
Popular Indian baby names
Indian fables, Jataka tales, Hitopadesha, Panchatantra
Indians around the globe !
Tools for healthy living!
It has resourceful information for people who are planning to return to India
New addition to your family?
GET THEN INSURED
Is your family visiting you?
GET THEN INSURED