1. Why did you leave India?
For a better job and money.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Work atmosphere & money.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Being away from family.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes, the culture may have a bad effect on them.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
It should be ok.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
I don't wont to be the PM!
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Hardwork, Intelligent, Love & respect for each other.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Poverty & politics.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has hurt India.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Reading,music & watching sci fiction movies.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I am with my family.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Journey to Lonavala for my first hiking experience.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Alien,Abyss & Dil wale Dulhanya le Jayenge.
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Java Server Programming Wrox publications.
Oracle Series Oracle Press.
Java Servlets O'relly.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Have a nice time and enjoy.
Meet Lawrence.He currently lives in the Dublin, Ireland and works in Information Technology.
Published - February 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.