1. Why did you leave India?
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Unlikely, but you never know.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Hardworking and honest people.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Might create problems later down the road.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Make India pollution and corruption free.
Scrap current political system.
Bring awareness among people that how other countries in the world are 100 years ahead of India and why!
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Family values and tradition.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
No sincere working ethic
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Sports promote peace among the nations. But cricket has a limited scope around the world.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
None that I can recall.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Watch cricket, reading books.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Enjoyed being a kid.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Several places in India and abraod.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Indian, Thai, Mexican cuisine...
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
I have seen several NRI who are successful in American society, but very few do anything to their country. Majority bash about their homeland. Please have some selfrespect, if u can not do any good to your country try not to say anything bad infront of other NRI's or other countrymen. That shows you yourself have no selfrespect and can not defend your own origin and values.
Meet Rob. He currently lives in the United States and works in Information Technology
Published - February 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.