1. Why did you leave India?
For better career exposure
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, my native place.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
New experience altogether. Interacting with different people, understanding their life style, learning positive things.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Being away from family
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
No idea at the moment because both the cultures have pros & cons
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Community, language or religion does not matter in making a choice for life partner
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Start with a mission to make India a really developed country both materially & spiritually.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Natural resources, Skilled & hard working work force, Spirituality
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Lack of vision in political leaders, Increasing fanaticism for religions, Corruption
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
No. There should be a leader with vision and determination to achieve the vision for presidential form of government
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Reading books, listening to music
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I passed my C.A. examinations.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Trip to Goa
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Undhiyu - It's a Gujarati dish
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Ten Commandments, Dilwale dulhaniya le jayenge, Roja
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Flute still calls- Smt. Indiradevi, Peace pilgrim, Initiation
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Never forget your roots. India is still the best place on earth.
Meet Pinky Acharya. She currently lives in Hertogenbosch (The Netherlands) and works in the IT industry.
Published - January 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.