1. Why did you leave India?
To earn Money and for fun.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes. I plan to return and I would like to live in Faridabad, Haryana.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Too Many Shopping Malls.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
It is practically difficult to maintain such a marriage,but I do not oppose such initiatives.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Increase the Salaries of Police, MP, MLA's.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Culture, Land, Diversity.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Corruption, Poverty, Illiteracy (Lack of Basic Education).
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has hurt.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Nuclear Capability, Software Exports, Miss Universe.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Spending time with family.
15. What is your happiest memory?
16. What's your most memorable journey?
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Makki de Roti with Sarson ka Saag.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Agneepath (Hindi), Main Ajaad Hoon (Hindi), Indecent Proposal.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
I do not read books.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Have Fun!! Jai Hind.
Meet Manoj Nagpal. He currently lives in Singapore; and works in the IT industry.
Published - January 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.