1. Why did you leave India?
For better opportunities.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Nope, not likely!
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Diversity, opportunity, quality of life.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Away from family & friends.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Its little complicated but it can work!
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Ban religious fanatics!
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Diversity and Culture.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Politicians and Religious fanatics (Actually same thing)!!
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Can't hurt to try!
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
hmm..tough one! Manmohan Singh.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Its a waste of time and actually has hurt Indians excelling in other sports (look what happened to hockey)!!!
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Can only think of one - IT.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Driving down a scenic route listening to my favorite songs!
15. What is your happiest memory?
Spending time with whole family!
16. What's your most memorable journey?
From India to US.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Border, Lamhe, Kabhi-Kabhi (all Hindi).
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Be actively involved in fighting issues related to the community.
Meet Gobinder Singh. He currently lives in San Leandro, California, USA; and works in the IT industry.
Published - January 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.