1. Why did you leave India?
To experience the different culture.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, in my native place, Garden City Bangalore.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Hate meat and fish.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
No problem as long as ur good to him he will be good to u.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Make free food facility for Govt school children.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Beautiful Ladies, Culture, Natural Resources.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Population, Poverty, Corruption.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
IT, Software Parks, Nuclear Testing.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Browsing Indian Sites.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I got my Visa to fly abroad.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Visit to London, Singapore and Boston.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Home Made Vegetable Paluv.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Speed, Airforce One, Yaradu Kanasu (Kannada), Na Ninna Marilara (Kannada).
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Wishing U all a VERY Happy New Year!
Meet Roopa N. Potdar. She currently lives in Amsterdam, Holland; and works in the IT industry.
Published - January 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.