1. Why did you leave India?
For making money and a better life.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
No immediate plans.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Better basic amenities & infrastructure, better quality.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
I will become dictator by declaring emergency.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Lack of vision by our leaders
Lack of an organized system
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
I will prefer a strong dictator with interst of country at heart rather than a meek democracy.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Sardar Patel and Netaji Bose
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has not helped at all, it has created one more avenue for corruption.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Agriculture & Milk production
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Social activities which are difficult to find here.
15. What is your happiest memory?
There are many.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
First journey abroad.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Any good Indian vegetarian dish.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Books of Carl Sagan
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Be reasonable about India.
Meet Chandrashekhar. He currently lives in Kuwait. Chandrashekhar has a post-graduate degree and works in the Manufacturing industry.
Published - December 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.