1. Why did you leave India?
1. Peer Pressure.(since working in IT)
2. See different places and save money while Sun is still shining.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes Of Course..and Kerala!!
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Almost equal opportunity for poor and rich to do anything and everything. Makes one enterprising and brings up your aspiration levels.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Of Course. How else will they know India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Hmm.. In my case.definitely not..! But no probs if someone else do without hurting their parents!!!
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Immediate plan to capture evil forces both in groups or in individuals.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Make corruption a memory !!!
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Not necessary. The form of Govt is not the problem. It is whom we let form it!
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Mr. Narayana Murthy (Infosys fame)
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It hasnt hurt India.It is better to have cricket as an obsession than some jurassic old religious principles !
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Prevailing Democracy since her Freedom!
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Lots of them..
15. What is your happiest memory?
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Disney Land Florida
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Anything my mother cooks..
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
God of Small Things - Arundhathi Roy
Java for Beginners - Ivor Horton
Dennis the Menace Comics
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Dont forget your Mother and MotherLand when you are having good times! It is a privilege that we were born in India!
Meet Francis. He currently lives in New York, USA and works in the IT industry.
Published - November 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.