1. Why did you leave India?
To study and to earn money.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Certainly, and it'll be Mumbai.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Getting money, education in all spheres and shapes, experience, comforts of western life.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Being a foreigner, cultural difference and lack of spiritualism.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I'm not against it, but I think its quite comfortable to marry your own types.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Fight against population growth.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Natural resources, intellect and culture.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Population growth, pollution, terrorism.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
I think so, yes.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Progress in science, mainly cosmic and nuclear.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Billiards and beer.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Can't remember at the moment.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
St. Petersburg to Ukraine.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Vegetable biryani and yoghurt.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Ben Hur, Romeo & Juliet (Old),where the Eagles Dare, Sadma, Ishwar.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Fountainhead, Anne Ryan.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Meet Mr Anonymous. He currently lives in London, UK and works in the IT industry.
Published - October 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.