1. Why did you leave India?
Looking for better opportunity
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
At present no goals of returning to India. If in the future, in Chennai.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Do what I can and buy what I can!
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Miss my family.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Mission Impossible Part 3.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Poverty and Environment.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Not a politician.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has helped but spoilt the game.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Camping, hiking and travelling.
15. What is your happiest memory?
I cherish on every moment of my life. So every moment is joyful.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Camp out in Colorado, USA.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Most of the stuff I read is technical.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Keep up the good work of building our nation. A big shout out to all the NRIs for their contribution in building this NATION!!!!! JAI HIND!!!!!!!!!
Meet Balraj Kunnath. He currently lives in Schaumburg, IL, USA, and works in the IT industry.
Published - September 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.