1. Why did you leave India?
To explore the world.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, in my hometown Chennai.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Away from home.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
I think so.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
There is nothing wrong.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Try to clean the corruption.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Culture, humanity, bond.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Will not make a difference.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Every Indian who loves his country.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It will not affect India.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Computers, music, sports, travelling.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Step-by-step improvement in my life.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Niagara, Ooty, and Temples of South India.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Curd (Yoghurt) rice.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Anjali, Michael Madana Kama Rajan, Sathi Leelavathi and my comedy movies.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Almost all the novels of Sidney Sheldon, Bharathiyar, Kannadasan, Vairamuthu.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Wherever you are, love your motherland. And try to get back after a while (After you earn enough) and enjoy the warmth and affection of Indian Culture.
Meet Vijay Anand. he currently lives in Dallas, Texas, USA and works in the IT industry.
Published - September 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.