1. Why did you leave India?
To explore the rest of the world.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Missing all good Indian food, family, festivals and friends.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Not at all.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Exciting and I am one of those lucky ones.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Bring back emergency rule for 20 years (One generation)
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
People, culture, food.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Corrupt politicians, religious leaders and non-practical beliefs.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
We don't know until we try it.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
All the teachers who taught me from grade 1.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Education, science & technology research and the brain overflow.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
The birth of my lovely daughter.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Nice walk from work to home (five miles) when my car broke down.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Gandhi, Hey Ram and Nenjil Oru Alayam (Tamil)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Please help our people to see better (World's 50% blind live in India)
Meet Guindy. He currently lives in Coral Springs, Florida (USA) and works in the area of Business Services.
Published - September 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.