1. Why did you leave India?
For better career prospects, I joined a US company.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, I would like to live either Chandigarh or Dehradun.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Learning new technology + career opportunities.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Nothing in particular.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Does not matter as long as the language of the heart is the same.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Provide meaningful education to everyone in India.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Social life and family values.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Lack of education, bad politics and poverty.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
It's really difficult to say. It depends on so many factors.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Unity, technology growth.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
Lots, but waiting for happiest one:-)
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My first journey from India to USA.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Rice, black beans, palak paneer.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Notting Hill, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, Dilwale Dulhaniya le jaayegen.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Be in touch :-)
Girish Bhatia. He currently lives in Dublin, Ohio, USA and works in the IT industry.
Published - June 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.