1. Why did you leave India?
I ask myself that question time and again now! I think it was for career enhancement.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, I will definitely go back home to New Delhi, India. I love it there and god only knows how much I miss home.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Hmmmmmmmm......nothing much......I'm just here to get the experience I need to make it big in my career.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
No, not really.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Start a nationwide rock party! Booze is on the government....errr...House!:)
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
IT, Diversity, Family values.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Brain Drain, Poverty, Politicians. If the jerks (politicians) do their jobs correctly, no one will leave India and I am sure everything will work out fine!
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Yes, I think it would. I think we need to seriously do something about our fat, lazy, power hungry ministers.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
My family and my girlfriend!:)
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
IT, Military defence and Fat Ugly Dumb politicians.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Listening to Hard Rock music.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Too many to type out!
16. What's your most memorable journey?
When I was flying back to New Delhi this year to meet family and friends!:)
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Anything as long as it is North Indian!
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
JFK, Courage Under Fire, DDLJ.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Shucks...I forget now!
20.A message from you to other NRIs
INDIA RULES AND DON'T ANY OF YOU EVER FORGET THAT!
Meet Davender Pratap Singh. He currently lives in Silver Spring, Maryland (USA) and works in the IT industry.
Published - June 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.