1. Why did you leave India?
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Can meet my needs without any problems.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Missing my family in India.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Religion, community, Cast all are made by people and I do not believe them. The biggest problem for India's growth is that all Indians are divided in the name of religion, community, cast. Politician take advantage of cast and religions for their own personnal achievements. Marriages outside immediate commuinty must be promoted to make India stronger and I am ready for that.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
1. No Cast system
2. No reservation
3. No special facilities in the name of religion or minority. Are Indian are equal and there should not be any differentiation. Special attention creats gap.
4. Zero Corruption
5. Strong, autonomous , corruption free police.
6. Free education to all Indians upto 10th Standard.
7. Free medications to Senior Citizens.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
2. Natural re-sources
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
2. Dirty Politics( there should be only two parties)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Not really but all Indians must learn discipline and only educated people should be allowed to fight the election. No regional parties. Only Two national Parties.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Our Great Army.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
2. Determination to be self dependent
3. Continuous growth
14. What is your favorite pastime?
It is personal.
15. What is your happiest memory?
It is personal.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Mumbai to Jammu for Vaishna devi.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Palak Paneer, Rogan Josh, Fish.
18. What are your favorite movies? (max 3)
1. Mother India
19. What are your favorite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Not too much into reading.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Hi wish you all the best.
Meet Srihari Mulgund. He currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
Published - June, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.