1. Why did you leave India?
To earn money.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Dignity of Labor, Cleanliness and a proper system in place with adherence to it.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Being away from near ones and friends.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your
thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I am happily married but I feel marriage should be between two individuals who can fall in line with each other's needs.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Make basic education compulsory for every child.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
3.The enormously talented and intelligent ppl.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
2. Illiterate(or bought Degrees)politicians.
3. Confused youth(coz of system).
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
1. Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam.
2. Sachin Tendulkar.
3. Amitabh Bacchan and the whole of defence force on the front.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
India's image as a sporting nation can be hurt only when the team does badly and not with people's obsession.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1. India has become self sufficient in many fields like agriculture.
2. India is on road to become a super power.
3. Film and cricket has grown beyond our borders in a big positive way.
14. What is your favorite pastime?
Cricket, reading, surfing the web.
15. What is your happiest memory?
1983 world cup victory.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My journey to Adelaide from bangalore via kuala lumpur (30hrs) to see my new born daughter.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Dal, rice and mangalorean mango pickle.
18. What are your favorite movies? (max 3)
Sholay, Hera Pheri and Gladiator.
19. What are your favorite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
2. Fountain Head by Ayn Rand.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Dear all, kindly produce a smile, which does not cost at all, whenever u see an Indian abroad and spread Indian culture in your own sweet way whenever u get an opportunity. Let your children know about the basics, atleast, of our great culture.
Meet Srihari Mulgund. He currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
Published - June, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.