1. Why did you leave India?
For my commercial pilot training studies.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes off course, Bombay amchi Mumbai.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Exchange of culture,exchange of knowledge,there are lot of things.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
It does not matter.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
It depends on my job, but i believe strangely that if you built
Up a strong foundation of your culture and ethics in family then it will
Never matter if you raise your family abroad or in India. After all we are Proud to be Indian
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Marriage is a beautiful and holy scerene combination of two souls and not two religions or caste , if the individuals understand eachother Well then there is no problem at all.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Once again a boost to agricultural revolution, in a proper way Which can fortify farmers first and rest i will disclose that in my Primeministeral agenda in next elections(hahaha).
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Faith,tremendous faith,courage to accept all gigantic challenges,unity in diversity, and indepedency and developing techonology.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Political leaders(some of them), illiteracy, improper Administration, poverty offcourse.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Indian constitution is such a rigid and compact that no dictator can take a birth, regarding presedential form of government answer is no
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Industrialisation, agricultural revolution and technological development.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
When my father first showed me an airplane at Mumbai International airport when i was kid, and now when i first soloed my flight.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My first solo flight.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Dal and chawal(varan bhat).
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Evelyin(pierce brosnan) Braveheart,passion of christ,the patriot,pinjara(shree ram lagoo)and all Movies of great Raj kapoor.
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Profiles in courage(35th president of states John f Kennedy),Shreeman yogi(Ranjit desai),glimpses of world history(Jawahar lal Nehruji)me kasa jhalo(acharya aatre).
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Let thy sons and daughters of india go beyond seven seas and let the world know that there lies a bright star brighter than sun which lies in East that is india,let the world know the philosophy of sant Dnyaneshwar haee vishwachi majhee ghar.
Meet Srihari Mulgund. He currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
Published - June, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.