1. Why did you leave India?
For a better quality of life and flexible career options.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, that is my home country. Preferably in South India.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Systematic lifestyle, pollution free, lesser hazzles in day to day living.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Fewer social activities.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes very much. Education and core values, there is none to match India.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I would prefer our parents way, someone from the same community.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Improve the roads and public infrastructure.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
b. Cultural values
c. Joint family
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
b. Road accidents
c. Public healthcare
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
I do not think so.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, A.B.Vajpayee.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Yes, it reaffirms the Indian unity amidst diversity.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
2. Foreign exchange reserves
3. Usage of computers
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Listening to Hindi music.
15. What is your happiest memory?
India qualifying for semi finals of world cup 96 by defeating Pakistan in Bangalore.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Travelling by road from Kodaikanal to Kerala.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Rice and Dhal curry with papadam.
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
a. Dil Chahta Hai
c. Andaz apna apna
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Meet Srihari Mulgund. He currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
Published - June, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.