1. Why did you leave India?
Love for my husband!
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Of course, we are thinking of settling in a calm and cultured place - and also good for both of our professions.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Etiquette, manners and respect for individuals.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Living away from my mom and dad.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Not at all.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Open a Swiss bank account to stack up my millions-billions-trillions!
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Good parents, good civilisation and good communication.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Politics, law and order, and Politicians.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
No, I think it needs a good and non-corrupt form of government.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
An-educated-well cultured-common-citizen who writes the fate of the country by electing the government.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Our obsession is paying everyone in the cricketing world. So, I think we are helping the world economy! (betting)
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Democracy, Secularism, Equality.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Filling out surveys like this!
15. What is your happiest memory?
Every moment I spend on earth.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Travelling alone from India to US - an unknown destiny!
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Everything I cook!
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Dil to pagal hai, Kuch kuch hota hai and Phir bhi dil hai hindustani
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Adopt everything good from every country you stay - but maintain a true Indian heart.
Meet Meghana. She currently lives in Union City, California (USA).
Published - March 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.