1. Why did you leave India?
Just to see the rest of the world.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, my own land Kashmir.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
You have to see new people and new things and so you can gain more and more experience.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
You miss your home and your parents which is the real wealth you possess.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
No, I am Indian and I will remain so. So will my parents.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I agree this is good, but first of all it is better to marry within your own community, since your ideology is the same so life will be
smooth. If you marry outside then be lovers first so that you will know all about the other community, life style etc.. and have your parents
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
If I become the prime minister of India, I will provide free education to everyone till 10+2, because only education can bring a revulution within you.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
There are a number of strengths, but my choices are:
2. Liberal values
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
3. Lack of good governance
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
It depends on who is president, if he/she is good then it is fine otherwise the results will be worse.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
I think it has helped the Indian nation a lot from tme to time.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1. India becoming a nuclear power
2. India trying to maintain peace
3. India becoming modernized with time
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Memories of home.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I passed my 10th class exm.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Journey to Aligarh by bus.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. God of small things - Arundhati roy
2. Gitanjili - Rabindernath Tagore
3. Midnight children - Salman Rushdie
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Just come to your own home land because it is best place to dwell after heaven.
Meet Uzair. He currently lives in Uzair
Published - August, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.