1. Why did you leave India?
Better salary and experience with multinational community.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes of course. Manipal, Karnataka state.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Respect for others, no discrimination, law is same for all.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I will not go for it, future will be difficult.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Equal strict laws, eradicate corruption, education for all, improve sanitation, remove poverty.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Democracy, unity, soft nature.
9.What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Poverty, poor sanitation, corruption.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Defence, security, exports.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Enjoying bachelor life with friends.
15. What is your happiest memory?
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Tour with my friends.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
kaam chor, ek jaan hai hum, ek duje ke liye.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Please come back and settle in India, make money and lead a good life, show patriotism.
Meet Vishnudaskudva. He currently lives in Abqaiq, Saudi Arabia, and works in the medical profession.
Published - April 2000
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.