1. Why did you leave India?
For employment opportunities.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, Mangalore / Karnataka / India.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Professional approach at work, way of living.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Travelling long distances.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
No , Not at all.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Open to broad minded people.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Ensure a minimum qualification requirement to be a politician.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Atal Behari Vajpayee.. our beloved Prime minister.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It is a plus and a minus to a greater extent.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Developed a lot, recognition as a nation.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Singing, swimming, sight seeing.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Jobwise settlement at US.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Anything in fish.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Dil Chaata Hai.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
If tomorrow comes - Sidney Sheldon.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Lets learn from the American slogan. "United we stand " GOD BLESS INDIA.
Meet Sainath.He works in the IT industry and currently lives in New Jersey, USA.
Published - January 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.