1. Why did you leave India?
Better Career opportunities.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, Bangalore, India.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Technology, different people around.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Nothing as such.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Wrong question. Already married the one I like the most.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Define the religion of Love to one and every Indian.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
1) Technical growth
3) Vast culture
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
2) Religious battles
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Every other Indian who speaks the language of Love.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It did help a while, until the cricketers screwed it up.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Growth in Technology like Space, IT, Nuclear, etc.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
Lots, lots. Too confusing to define one.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My journey to Saudi Arabia.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Mangalorean style Chicken and Fish.
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
2) Sleeping with the Enemy
3) Forest jump
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Sai Satcharitra - Hemadpant
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Do not forget India.
Meet Hemant.He currently lives in Paris and works in the IT industry.
Published - October 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.