1. Why did you leave India?
Got a lucky break in my career.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, Delhi or Banglore.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Great weather, new culture and people in Netherlands respect our culture as well.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Windy and wet weather.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I think marrying is the meeting of two minds rather than language. Love doesnt have a language, two people loving each other is most important.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Increase the budget on education because that is what is going to make the future of India brighter and happier.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
3) tolerance (have been tolerating terrorism in Kashmir for 12 years)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Helped to bind people together, it's the passion that is important for a nation so big and cricket provided the ideal opportunity to do the same.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1) Defeating Pakistan 3 times IN WARS.
2) Winning a gold medal in Olympics.
3) Nuclear tests.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Travelling around Holland and watching Hindi movies and making new friends.
15. What is your happiest memory?
My first salary.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Journey to the hills of Himachal Pradesh.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Vinegar Chicken (my style)
18. What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19. What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1) The client
2) The firm
3) The Lawyer
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Lets get in touch wherever we are and have some fun.
Meet Srihari Mulgund. He currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
Published - June, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.