1. Why did you leave India?
Earn money and better living.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, Hyderabad my city but not now.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Better living standard and quality of life.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Nodding the head and saying "YES SIR".
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes why not when I can.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Nothing wrong, in fact all are human beings and it gives a new dimension in your thinking and thougts for others.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
I have no desire to become PM, However I will make proper infrastructure and abolish the child labour.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
2) No vision of our political leaders
3) Selfish attitude
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
No form of govt. Bring in change. We need to change first.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Chandrababu Naidu-Chief Minister of AP.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It hurt India because of selfish attitudes/interests than the Nation.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
2) Science & Technology
3) Information Technology
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Gardening and motorbike.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Living in India.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Trip to Austrailia.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1) Taj Mahal
2) Meri Huzzoor
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1) The Great Controversy-E.G.White
2) Desire of Ages-E.G.White
3) Airport-Arthur Hailey
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Be proud to be called INDIAN, lets wait for leaders to do something for us instead they tell us what to do.
Meet Stanley Sudhakar.He currently lives in Limassol, Cyprus.
Published - October 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.