1. Why did you leave India?
Explore Opportunities abroad and gain international experience.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Separation from loved ones.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes. I would like to raise kids in Indian Environment.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Nothing wrong . Since two mature individuals decide to live together for the entire lifetime.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Eradicate Corruption,Poverty, Improve basic facilities for living.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Yes . Since one person would be responsible for decision making.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Dr.Manmohan Singh, Former Finance Minister.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Yes . Since it became an obsession to win.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1) Nuclear Power system
2) Growing Technology
14. What is your favourite pastime?
15. What is your happiest memory?
My Wedding Day.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Holiday trip to India early this year.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
2) Dil to Pagal Hai
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1) Bloodline by Sidney Sheldon
2) GodFather by Mario Puzo
3) Spy who loved me by Ian Fleming
20.A message from you to other NRIs
BE A PROUD INDIAN.Tenzeen Dolkar
Meet Umesh.He currently resides in New Jersey, USA. He works in the IT industry.
Published - September 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.