1. Why did you leave India?
Better Salary. More comfort of life.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, of course. I will return back to live in anywhere in India.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Their concern for the environment and the ecology.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Loneliness and the type of food back in India.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes of course. I will prefer my daughters growing up in India.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I am not against such marriages.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Eliminate corruption and control the population.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Corruption and popluation.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
It will do good for India.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
A B Vajpayee
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has hurt India as a sporting nation.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Playing with my daughters and listening to music.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When my daughters were born.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Visit to my country.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Any preparation of Fish.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1) To catch a Thief,
2) To be or not to be, and
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Do not read a lot of Books.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Remember your motherland and do your best to uplift our country.
Meet Kalyan Dakshit.works in the IT industry and currently resides in Palm Harbor, Florida, USA.
Published - September 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.