1. Why did you leave India?
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
I am definitely returning to Mumbai.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I myself have married to someone who speaks a different language. But I am not sure about different religion.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Make sure only educated people have the important seats in parliament.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Love for our country. Strong family ties.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Political situation. Illiteracy.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
All the living freedom fighters.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
I think it has helped us. In fact that is the only time I have seen us as One Nation.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Reading, playing with my 2 year old daughter.
15. What is your happiest memory?
As a youngster visiting 'Hutatma Chawk' in Mumbai on Martyr's day
which is 9th August and hear my dad non-stop talk about their fight for
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My first visit to Taj Mahal, Agra.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
Sholay, Kabhi ha kabhi na, Andaz apna apna.
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1) Malgudi Days,
2) Pride and Prejudice, and
3) King's General.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Remember your country that helped you to become who you are now.
Meet Priya Fadnis.She currently resides in Duluth, Georgia, USA, and works in the IT industry.
Published - September 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.