1. Why did you leave India?
$$$ or at least the dreams of it.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Not in recent future. But then again, the only certain thing about the future is uncertainity.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Having my personal space, opportunities and enjoying a lot of things that would be unimaginable back home.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Food and family. (Mom I miss your cooking)
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Not planning on starting any family in a few years to come, so am not even thinking about it.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I am open to such ideas.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Thanks, but No Thanks!!
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
IT, IT and IT.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
So many where to start !!, Illiteracy and Corruption would be the biggest ones I would say.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Nothing would work with this extent of corruption.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
How many countries play cricket ? I rest my case.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Surfing the net to find ways to earn more of that extra $$.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When I got my U.S visa.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Flight from Bombay to NewYork in Fall, 98.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Prawns and Fish prepared by my mom. Sigh !!
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1. Pulp Fiction
2. As Good as it Gets
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Haven't read a novel in a long time. Sams Teach yourself in 21 Days series ( gee i sound like a geek !!)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Home is where the heart is !
Meet Anshuman Saha.She currently lives in Carbondale, Illinois, USA.
Published - August 2001
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.