1. Why did you leave India?
Earn more money.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
The cleanliness,standard of living and security.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Miss near and dear ones.Indian culture.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
I am already happily married.However I do not find anything wrong about this idea as basically marriage is a union of two like minded people.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Make education compulsory for all and create awareness for 1 child per family in order to control the population explosion.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
1.Indias greatest strength is Democracy.
2.the freedom of expression people enjoy.
3.ofcourse the youth.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
1.Political interference in every field.
2. increasing corruption.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
No I dont think.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
1. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam.
2. Lata Mangeshkar.
3. Dr.Manmohan Singh.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Cricket has become a religion in India.So when the team does better the players are worshipped and when it fails,the players face the wrath.This obsession for the game is not correct.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Becoming a Nuclear power Near self sufficiency in Agricultural produce World Leadership in software development.
14. What is your favorite pastime?
Listening to Indian Classical Music, Yoga and Sudoku.
15. What is your happiest memory?
When India won the Cricket World Cup.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
The TGV train journey from Paris to Frankfurt along side the Rhine river.This journey was the most unforgettable one because of the scenic beauty which captivates you through out.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Makke di roti aur sarson da saag Chicken Manchurian.
18. What are your favorite movies? (max 3)
Guide Ben Hur Born Free.
19. What are your favorite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. Discovery of India by Jawaharlal Negru.
2. Freedom at Midnight by Dominique Lapierre.
3. Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Dear Brothers and Sisters, India is a great country and be proud to be an Indian.You are the cultural ambassadors of our great nation let the world know that India is not a country of snake charmers and poor people.India is the next super power of the world !
Meet Sanjeev Karajgi. He currently lives in Seaton, Adelaide (Australia).
Published -December 13, 2006
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.