1. Why did you leave India?
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
No, Not really.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
4. What do like least about being abroad?
The weather. It is so cold there is no outside life after 5pm.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes a bit for the two cultures are different.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
We are all human beings and religion is man made.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
2.Unity in diversity.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Ofcourse it has helped in bringing the countries, specially neighbouring country, close.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1.Awareness in rural areas through TVs.
3.Mobile phones at the cheapest rates in the world.
14. What is your favorite pastime?
Solving Sudo Kuu.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Family trip to Europe.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Return Journey fro Gangtok to Siliguri when it started raining and there was land slide.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Mutter Aloo (without garlic) and rice .
18. What are your favorite movies? (max 3)
1.Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
2.Sound of Music.
19. What are your favorite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
All books of Nancy Drew.
20. A message from you to other NRIs
East or West India is the Best.
Meet Sandhya Ahuja. She currently lives in Dubai, UAE
Published - August 24, 2006
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.