1. Why did you leave India?
To get an overseas experience on coming out of India.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes definitely. Baroda, Gujarat.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Comfortable and good life style. Increased spending power.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Less social interaction. People want to be alone.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
As far as the different languages is concerned, it is okay, but marrying somebody from a different religion is something that I cannot accept.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
I would like to put resolution in parliament to remove the "Reservation policy".
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Population & Indian Culture.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Due to corruption the allocated funds are not reaching to the objectives and therefore the infrastructure is not so sound. The young generation is going abroad because despite being educated, they are not getting good job opportunities.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
President Abdul Kalaam. Narayanmurthy(Infosys), Atal Bihari Vajpayee(Former PM).
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1. Nuclear Strength.
2. Indian army is successful in protecting the nation.
3. Good Education.
14. What is your favorite pastime?
When I qualified as a Chartered Accountant.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Listening to old music.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Journey with friends to Khajuraho and experiencing ancient Indian heritage the temples there.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18. What are your favorite movies? (max 3)
1. Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar
2. Do Aankhen Baarah Haath(Old)
19. What are your favorite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. Master of the Game(Sidney Sheldon).
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Never forget the "MatruBhumi". If get chance, contribute to India in all terms. Help needy people who can not afford to provide education to their children.
Meet Neelesh Joshi. He currently lives in Al Khuwair, Muscat, Oman.
Published - June 18, 2006
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.