1. Why did you leave India?
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Yes, Planning to return but tied up with career and life. Bangalore.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Nothing, only regrets of coming out of India in this era. India is now the centre of the world.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Buying Power through Credit. Buy whatever you like, fast cars, fast bikes.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Cut the roots with family, can marry anyone in the world and many.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
1. Remove Caste System in education & politics.
2. Enable Merit system in all levels.
3. Secure the broders, remind about Hindustan.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
1. Religious fights.
2. Cunningness, diamond cuts diamond.(people mind set).
3. Untapped potential, 28 states, 7 developed states. Spread out.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
Indian constitution is managing 20 billion people, let it remain but change the mindset of people. Give equal pay on merit not by religion and caste.
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Yes it has hurt, there are other sports and players play for TV ad's not for the nation. TAX them high.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1. Achieving highest GDP.
2. Exporting people.
3. Population explosion.
14. What is your favorite pastime?
Surfing, news and current affairs.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Yet to come.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
My climb to Tirupathi Hill.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18. What are your favorite movies? (max 3)
2. Dil chatha Hai
3. Rang De Basanti
19. What are your favorite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. Kane & Able - Archer
2. Lie down with lions - Ken follet
3. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
20. A message from you to other NRIs
Mother is always Mother, how good or bad she is, it is our Motherland. We need to show respect and gratitude, not attitude.
Meet Giri Raj. He currently lives in Melbourne, vic, Australia.
Published - June 10, 2006
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.