1. Why did you leave India?
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Not sure but love to live in Suburbs.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Freedom to think [with your Heart] and DO whatever you choose to do.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Away from people I luv [parents and siblings].
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Yes, to some extent.. but it also depends on you and your spouse's commitment for moral and ethical upbringing.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Not a problem at all..Infact I hate people who believe in these worldly entities [caste, religion et al.] and can't follow their HEART
- Do you think all indian marriages are happy because they are bounded by these logistics??
If there is NO LOVE there is NO HAPPY Marriage and LOVE has no community boundaries! PERIOD!
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Eliminate the influence of CASTE in our freaking daily lives!!
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
3. Religious-tolerance [to major extent - who knows it may change in future]
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
1. CASTE-CASTE-CASTE!!! [never ending saga]
2. Poverty and Corruption [inter-related]
3. Religion [watch out in this century]
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
May be NOT?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
- parents and family
- women who fight for their rights
- any human who puts effort in making INDIA better!
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
May be but their if LIFE beyond cricket...start paying attention to Amateur Sports and Athletics for GOD SAKE!
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
2. Solid infrastructure of primary-education
14. What is your favourite pastime?
1. Writing PLAYS [social and emotional-context]
2. Playing and watching Sports
3. Watching Independent Movies
15. What is your happiest memory?
My sister's marriage.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
From the PAST to the PRESENT.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Anything to do with chicken.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1. Life is beautiful [English]
2. Sparsh [Hindi]
3. Maharshi [Telugu]
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
1. Writings of JK
2. The Bridge Across Forever
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Make PHYSICAL ACTIVITY as a Life-style... stop getting BLOATED:)
Meet Ram Maikala. He currently lives in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, USA.
Published - November, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.