1. Why did you leave India?
For a better quality of life.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Not really, unless circumstances change.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
The systems and processes.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Lack of respect for education.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
Not really. India is no Utopia.. there are problems in raising families in India as well.
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
Not applicable.. but maybe not me..
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
Ability to think out of the box - aka - shortcuts.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Population . Everything else is a spin off.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Few currently command that kind of respect.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Helped for sure.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Are there any?
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Glued to the net.
15. What is your happiest memory?
Birth of my son.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
Bombay to Pune at 1 am on a rickety kinetic honda.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
Food is a necessity.. not a past time.
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Ayn Rand.. most of them.
20.A message from you to other NRIs
You owe as much to your host country as to India. pay respect to both countries.
Meet Yadu. He currently a resident of Milton Keynes in Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom.
Published - November, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.