1. Why did you leave India?
For better education.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
Probably. If I do return I would like to settle in Belgaum.
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
Independence, sense of responsibility and the urge to do better in all walks of life.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Miss my parents. I also have to do a lot of cooking...not only for myself but also for my roomies...
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
No, I would never do that
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
1) Literacy for all.
2) Improve employment facilities.
3) Better higher education.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
1) Technology knowledge
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
3) Bad policies
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
Manmohan singh and A.P.J Abdul Kalam.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
Hurt us badly.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
Our nuclear program.
14. What is your favourite pastime?
Sleeping and watching movies
15. What is your happiest memory?
For me every day is a great day and I cherish every moment of it..
16. What's your most memorable journey?
India to the US.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
Wheels (Arthur Hailey)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Be proud to be an Indian.
Meet Srihari Mulgund. He currently lives in Toledo, Ohio, USA.
Published - June, 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.