1. Why did you leave India?
For a change.
2. Do you plan to return to India to settle down?
3. What do you like most about being abroad?
The cool atmosphere, at times it is tough but overall it is okay.
4. What do like least about being abroad?
Missing my kith and kin in India.
5. Would you be concerned about raising your family outside India?
6. What are your thoughts about marrying outside your immediate community, someone who speaks a different language or practices a different religion?
As told by most. It is a matter of affection that one has for the other .Language, religion do not matter. These are all for living.
7. What would be the first thing you would do if you became the Prime Minister of India?
Compulsory Education for all. Free education with income raised from taxes etc. Basically stress on compulsory education.
8. What do you think are India's greatest strengths?(max 3)
India is great for its tolerance.
9. What do you think are the biggest problems facing India? (max 3)
Pakistan. It does not develop and does not let us develop.
10. Do you think that a presidential form of government would better serve the needs of India's democracy?
11. For whom do you have the highest regard amongst living Indians?
My parents and my friends.
12. Do you think that the national obsession with Cricket has helped or has it hurt India as a sporting nation?
It has helped . That is a hobby for one.
13. What do you think are India's greatest achievements since Independence? (max 3)?
1) Agni missile
2) Win on Pakistan
14. What is your favourite pastime?
On the shore with my friends.
15. What is your happiest memory?
I need to recollect.
16. What's your most memorable journey?
On the way to London on EuroStar.
17. What is your ultimate food dish?
18.What are your favourite movies? (max 3)
1) Gitanjali (Telugu)
2) Gone with the wind
19.What are your favourite books (please list authors as well)? (max 3)
20.A message from you to other NRIs
Try to get in touch with others and make a NRI Family.
Meet Sudeep Kumar Pondala. He currently lives in Aachen, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany.
Published - March 2002
Participate in 20-Questions
The views of this column are the author's own, and do not necessarily represent the views of NRI Online.